About Eastern Michigan University Credit Union
Eastern Michigan University Financial merged with University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) in January 2014 to create Eastern Michigan University Credit Union (EMUCU). UMCU was chosen because of its experience and commitment to the educational community. In its more than sixty year history, it has remained focused on serving students, faculty, staff and alumni of the university. Through this experience, they have developed products and services that fit the unique needs of the higher education community. UMCU understands and recognizes the importance of university affiliations and relationships, which is why EMUCU has maintained their EMU brand.
About the University of Michigan Credit Union
As a member owned, not-for-profit cooperative, the University of Michigan Credit Union (UMCU) is locally focused and fully connected to our members, the University and the community. Established in 1954, UMCU is the only credit union headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and our purpose is to aMAIZE our members, community, and team by working together for our shared success. With seven offices in Ann Arbor, a branch in Ypsilanti, a branch in Dearborn and three branches in Flint (office locations and hours), we are here to serve all of your financial needs.
To learn how you can open your account today, click here.
Community Involvement, Sponsorships, & Contributions
Eastern Michigan University Credit Union cares about its members, their families and the communities in which they live. We are committed to actively sponsoring events and causes that enhance the quality of life for our community and campuses. From volunteerism, to campus and community sponsorships, we strive to make a difference everyday.
Eastern Michigan University Credit Union considers requests for sponsorships and contributions from individuals, groups and organizations in our designated market area of Genesee, Livingston, Washtenaw and Wayne counties. UMCU also considers requests for in-kind contributions, such as donations of promotional items for organizations that meet the criteria. Additionally, in an effort to be a corporate neighbor and create awareness of EMUCU in the community, EMUCU will actively seek sponsorship of various community events.
EMUCU may contribute to/sponsor and/or encourage and support its employee involvement in community and civic groups that address the following criteria:
- Safety, health/wellness and human services
- Community/Civic organizations
- Economic Development
- Environmental causes
- Arts, culture and humanities
EMUCU will not contribute to or sponsor:
- Political campaigns/parties
- Religious organizations
- Non-university social organizations
- Trips, travel or cultural exchange programs
- Organizations/events that discriminate against any persons or organization with respect to their race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender, height, weight, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Guidelines for Sponsorships
The following additional guidelines will be considered when evaluating sponsorship requests:
- The event should be related to groups eligible for UMCU membership.
- The event should provide positive visibility for UMCU.
- The event should reinforce UMCU’s image as a good corporate neighbor.
- Priority will be given to a sponsorship that provides some type of benefit, such as reduced admission/cost for UMCU members.
- Priority will be given to sponsorships that allow UMCU employee participation.
UMCU is committed to responding to your requests wiithin 10 business days. Response will be provided by email or letter.
It is recommended that requests be submitted three months prior to event date.