Eastern Michigan University Credit Union has savings options to help you make the most of your money. Whether you're looking for a basic savings account, saving for retirement or your next big purchase, EMUCU has accounts to fit your needs.
Take advantage of our Special Certificate rate!
Now through September 30, 2018, we are offering a rate of 2.35% APY* on Special Certificates. Whether you’re saving for your next big purchase or preparing for retirement, you can earn more from your money with a 24-month Special Certificate!
- $500 minimum, new deposits** only
- Must be 24-month Special Certificate
- Promotion expires September 30, 2018
- Penalty applies for early withdrawal
*=APY = Annual Percentage Yield
**= “New deposits” are defined as funds not currently on deposit with University of Michigan Credit Union
Certificates earn higher, fixed dividends. Certificates require a minimum deposit of $500 to open and you’ll begin to earn interest on your total balance based on interest tier from the date of deposit to the date of withdrawal. With a Certificate:
- Interest is paid and compounded monthly.
- Paid interest may be withdrawn at any time without penalty.
- If you withdraw the principal funds prior to the maturity date, a penalty of 90 days interest will be deducted from the balance of the account.
*Money must not currently be on deposit at UMCU.